Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Another Year - Another City

Last year (2005) in the month of April I moved to Pune, to be specific it was the night on 28th. I reached Pune station and headed straight to Hotel Kundan Palace with my parent's, it was company provided accommodation at Akurdi. BTW I still have not met the gentleman (who is related to my sister's in-laws) who sent us a cab at that wee hour.

Well now after a year I've left that BEAUtiful city and moved over to Hyderabad. I didn't bother changing my profiles. I still would like to say I'm from Pune and just moved to Hyderabad for a while.

Yep I liked Pune and still do, although Hyderabad is not a bad place to live. It is hot, but for a person like me coming from down south - Chennai, the heat of Hyderabad should not be a problem. And it’s well connected to the other cities and towns around. Getting around to different parts of India from Hyderabad is not a problem. Actually I had been to Chennai over the last weekend; it took almost 12 hours by bus, which was an overnight journey.

It’s easy to get out of this city at any time any where. If I want to go to Bangalore it’s just an overnight journey, again if I want to go to Pune it’s another overnight journey. Well of course these are the reasons I keep giving myself to like this city. "It’s always easy to get out and get away".

In a way its better I get to accept living in this city, because I find circumstances favoring a longer stay here. My fiancé will be moving to a new apartment next week. And after my marriage in July, I would eventually have to move in with him to "miyapur". That's where the apartment is!

But I don't know why but from the day I came here I've been thinking about way's to get out of Hyderabad. I know its not possible to move to another city in the next 6 months or perhaps in the next one year, but somehow I can't give in.

There are great many places to visit around Hyderabad, I got a map during my second week here. We visited to the most famous Hussian Sagar Lake. Well I suppose this lake seems to substitute a visit to the beach in Chennai. Why am I so sarcastic about Hyderabad I wonder???

Hmmm.. Come to think of it, I've never been to a lake and no way can I go to a beach in Pune. But there was never a time I winced about not being to a beach in almost one year.

I'll just have to take some time to get to know this place better. Hope I would have something interesting to blog rather something nice the next time I sit to write about Hyderabad.

No comments: