Saturday, March 05, 2011

One tight slap to my ever troubled mind.

Śrīmad Bhāgavatam 5.11.16

na yāvad etan mana ātma-lińgaḿ

saḿsāra-tāpāvapanaḿ janasya

yac choka-mohāmaya-rāga-lobha-

vairānubandhaḿ mamatāḿ vidhatte


The soul's designation, the mind, is the cause of all tribulations in the material world. As long as this fact is unknown to the conditioned living entity, he has to accept the miserable condition of the material body and wander within this universe in different positions. Because the mind is affected by disease, lamentation, illusion, attachment, greed and enmity, it creates bondage and a false sense of intimacy within this material world.

1 comment:

Rajya said...

Dear Geetha,

I happened to visit your blog through a google search. I read about your little son and I shall have him in my prayers.

Wish you and your husband the very best in life.

Nandini