Monday, October 25, 2010

one day left to live series - 11 months and 27 days

We recently found about water therapy for babies with hypotonia and developmental delays. So I checked with Sripathi's physical therapist if we can try water therapy for him. She was very supportive about the therapy and we immediately bought the equipment from Water Way Babies with kind assistance from Nancy.

This morning when Ms. Peg arrived, I told her that i had filled the tub and its ready for Sripathi's therapy. She was all excited and helped me put the ring around his neck and lower him into the tub. He obviously looked perplexed his eyes widened and he started crying but as we started singing all the rhymes that we used to sing for him during PT, slowly he calmed down to the song but was still very scared. But Peg helped him move his feet and then he was fine. He kept moving his feet, started feeling the sides of the tub and then I started moving him hands. He could reach the floor of the tub and was able to stand with one foot. I can't say he likes it, but I'm guessing he will be okay after a couple more sessions in the water.

I'm so grateful to Peg for helping me with the therapy. Its really hard for just one person to handle a baby in water. Well eventually I'll learn to do it alone but its just safe to have one more person around.

That's with water therapy. And about Anat Baniel method its way too expensive for us to visit Anat herself for therapy. So I hope we could at least make it to Gainesville again but for a longer session than before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute! How about a picture of him standing in one leg inside the tub:). He can go as much poop as he wants, and mind you, he is pattoo not goat :)