Saturday, May 08, 2010

one day left to live series - 6 months and 9 days

After a meltdown the previous evening and the following morning, i decided to bring a change before i lose it all. Moreover this is my first Mother's day. Happy Mother's day to me.

Sripathi is now 6 months and 9 days old. Its because of this soul that I'm changing myself and my life and I'm glad. He has been having an extremely hard time getting to sleep at night leave alone the worst part of getting an afternoon nap. But surprisingly today was a just amazing. He could actually catch up on some nap time without me having to rock him all along. He slept beside me for almost 3 hours, although he did wake up once in between but was able to get back to sleep in less than 20 minutes. I'm not going to prove myself with a photograph of a sleeping Sripathi with the date and time stamped on, as its against our culture to click pictures of a sleeping baby.

And I cannot believe myself that I actually hand sewed an outfit for Sripathi in less than 2 hours. I probably got all that energy just watching him sleep. Though I knit, this is the first time I have sewed anything.

And to mark the big change in my perspective, I decided to take him out for something fun. So off we went to Bruster's for Ice cream. And no I didn't feed my 6 month old any ice cream.

Also as part of the change, my dear husband will be sleeping along with Sripathi every night and will come to get me from the couch when he wakes up to be nursed.
And this is the time I would get to blog.


"Take nothing for granted in a second it can all be gone"

No comments: