Thursday, May 27, 2010

one day left to live series - 6 months and 28 days

Well I had been trying to get Sripathi to sleep well and for this I was checking out sleep therapy and could not find anything on such lines. And probably a week back while I was browsing Amazon.com I found a book called the 90 minute baby sleep program. I first checked the number of pages, because #1 I cannot spend too much time to read and understand stuff when I could possibly be putting Sripathi to sleep. And the book fared well on that aspect at 184 pages. And next was the reviews and the book seemed to impress me with several rave reviews. So i decided to give it a try and bought it. When i saw the order details on my mail it read that the book would arrive only in the second week of June and i sort of forgot about it.

And suddenly yesterday evening i saw this small book lying on the table, Aravind had checked the mailbox and had curiously opened the surprise package. I was pleasantly happy looking at the size of the book i could probably finish it while Sripathi takes a couple of naps. And that's exactly what I did today apart from checking the fight status online. Yes looks like what the author says about trying to read the signs when the baby feels sleepy which is around 90 minutes from his last nap. So I'll be following the method provided in the book and hope that Sripathi gets sufficient nap and sleep time. Sripathi had a several naps during the day, i was already trying to implement what i was reading. If this works well i would share it with other new moms i know. Probably share the book, its better to read than take my word for it. Moreover the author has done an excellent job in trying to allocate a complete chapter for all the weird questions that could come up. And most of the questions where similar or exactly same as the one running in my mind. And i checked out the author Polly Moore's website and she has a section where we can post questions and she answers them.

And yes my mother has arrived safely. She was all smiles when she came in and saw Sripathi. She is now resting well to make sure she does not have a jet lag.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tips from the book would help me too I guess:-)Sumukh for sure needs proper sleep schedule..I am still dealing with sleep tsntrums with Sritha and would never repeat the mistake with this guy:-)shall keep this book in my mind .
I am glad ur mom got to meet Sripathi...I am sure she is all smiles:-)
p.s -shall email u the pics soon da..hardly find time for anything nowadays..am typing this while i nurse;-)

-lavs

Geetha Srinivasan said...

Hey Lavi
It seems to be working though at 7 months Sripathi's sleep schedule is not appropriate for his age, i think we are now able to handle it better.

Do look for sleep signs from Sumukh after 90 minute from his last nap. Good luck. And yes would recommend you read the book.