Wednesday, May 26, 2010

one day left to live series - 6 months and 27 days

Sripathi's scheduled vaccination was today and we had to postpone it because of his seizure like activity. Cannot risk it because when he had his second month HIB vaccination in March he had seizures the next day and today would have been his fourth month HIB but it has to wait another week.

We have been able to handle things well for 2 days now, thanks to Aravind for patiently taking care of Sripathi while i try to cook something up for our meals. Tomorrow my mother will be here by this time and then we would be able to handle things more efficiently. The reason we cannot leave Sripathi alone is we'll never know when he would have a seizure. BTW my mother is traveling alone from India and I've been thinking about her a lot and praying that she has a safe and hassle-free journey.

Later today i think it was around 8:15 pm we decided to take Sripathi out for a short walk and then put him to sleep. I could not take him out earlier as it was so sunny until 8:00 well that's normal for Florida! But anyway it was a nice walk, the moon was so full and bright. And on the way we met our neighbor who was taking his cute little dog for a walk. We stopped to say hello and he was politely inquiring about Sripathi's health.

As we we about to bid our good-bye's he mentioned that whenever he would pass by our door and see the sticker he would send prayers for Sripathi. (the sticker carries a mantra that we chant, actually this photograph is of our previous house in the same community but our current house looks the same, so if anyone is visiting us, you can easily identify our house ;))
It was so pleasant to hear that so many people are keeping Sripathi in their prayers. And I'm happy to keep hearing such positive affirmation so often. It was a couple of hours back that I read a sweet comment from my dear old school friend Lavanya that she has been following my blog and is praying for Sripathi.

We feel so blessed. My sincere thanks to all these wonderful people in our lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to know that ur mom will be here to help u da..I am sure you will definitely need that support.I also hope you would be able to vaccinate Sripathi with no adverse effects this time around and your cutie is always in my thoughts:-) You take care!
-Lavs

Geetha Srinivasan said...

Thanks Lavi. Yes would be great help for me now.
How is Sritha and Sumukh? Send me some pictures.